Keiki Club Soccer Program (U5 - U6)
The Hawaii Rush Big Island Keiki Soccer Program (U5-U6) is an in-house program where practices and games are played against RUSH teams and on occasion against other Hawaii Young Soccer Association (HYSA) clubs. The focus of our program is to help young athletes develop a love for the sport of soccer. Our program aims to help mold these young athletes into technical soccer players by facilitating the development of ball mastery and build the confidence in the players to engage in a 1 v 1 scenario under a fun atmosphere.
• U5 – Players born in 2014 (01/01/14 to 12/31/14)
• U6 – Players born in 2013 (01/01/13 to 12/31/13)
TBD for New Season
The Keiki Soccer Program season runs weekly, typically 20 weeks in the Fall (August-December) and typically 26 weeks Spring (January-July). The sessions are 45 minutes in time with 10 minutes of Speed Agility and Quickness (SAQ), 20 minutes of technical training (ball control, dribbling, passing, shooting) and 10 minutes of game play. Sessions will be typically coed.
In-house games will be played twice a month. RUSH uniforms will be provided to players during the game and collected after the game. All games will be 30 minutes long with 5 minute quarters. Games are played in a format of 3 versus 3 players, known as 3v3.
- Notify Coach and team Manager if player will not be able to participate in the game by Thursday
- Balls, uniform, team benches, team canopy (provide by RUSH)
- End Game snacks (provided by parent volunteer)
- “New BALL” rule instead of throw-ins and goal kick-ins
- Size 3 soccer ball (properly inflated, with name on it)
- Soccer cleats
- Shin guards
- Water bottle (with name on it)
- Black Socks and Shorts
- RUSH Practice Shirt (1 shirt for $15.00 or 2 shirts for $25.00)
U5-U6 Player Development
The following topics will be taught at this age level.
- Dribbling o touch/push the ball with the laces
- use of both feet
- Shooting o strike the ball with the laces
- use of both feet
- strike the ball with the laces
- Possession of ball
- player will control the ball not just kick it away
- steal the ball
- delay the attack
- 1 v 1 attacking
- at every opportunity promote players to attacks and advance the ball