Open Free Tryouts – June 17 – 28, 2019
Open FREE try out for new soccer players starting on June 17th for children of all ages.
LOCATION: Hilo Bayfront Soccer Fields (back right mauka side of park)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Keiki Club – Friday 4:30-5:15 and Sunday 4-4:45
- U8 Boys & Girls – Tues and Thurs 4:30-5:30
- U10 Boys & Girls – Tues and Thurs 4:30-6
- U12 Girls – Mon and Wed 4:30-6
- U12 Boys – Tues/Thurs 4:30-6
Footwork for U8-U12 – Friday 4:30-5:30
- U14 Co-Ed – Mon/Wed 4:30-6 and Friday 4:30-5:30
- U16/U19 Boys – Tues/Thurs/Fri 4:30-6
- U19 Girls – Tues/Thurs/Fri 4:30-6
- 2019-2020 Parent Code of Conduct
- 2019-2020 Player Code of Conduct
- Release and Waiver of Liability for Summer Registration
Open Tryout FAQs
Who should try out for Rush Soccer?
Competitive soccer requires much more of a commitment than recreational soccer. Competitive soccer players need to be focused and highly motivated. They must possess a strong desire to learn the game from experienced coaches and to surround themselves with other focused and highly motivated players.
How do I sign up for try outs?
Please fill out the waiver form as well as player/parent code of conduct forms above. Bring them to the check in tent at the field on the day your child’s age group is playing. Printing forms and having them ready will help us expedite the registration process at the field, however we will have copies available if you need to fill them out there.
Will a session ever get cancelled due to weather?
We live in Hilo….any weather is possible. While it would take extreme weather to cancel any of our sessions, this has happened in the past. Please know that while cancelling a session is extremely rare, player safety comes first. In the event that a training session is cancelled, team managers will attempt to contact all registered players. For this reason, it is important that the email address and phone number you put on the registration form is the best one to contact you with.
What if I am sick or have to miss try outs?
In the case of all unavoidable conflicts, please contact the team head coach or the age group director. He/she will advise you on how best to proceed.
What do coaches look for during try outs?
All players will be evaluated based on their technical and tactical ability as well as their physical abilities. Players who exhibit a strong work ethic and who display a respect for the game, coaches and fellow players will show well.
What do I need to bring?
All players should bring:
- soccer cleats,
- shin guards,
- a water bottle,
- an appropriately sized soccer ball and
- weather-appropriate training clothes.
Returning RUSH players: Please wear your club uniform or training gear!
Please be sure to print, sign and bring your medical release/liability waiver as well as player and parent codes of conduct with you to the first session.
How do I register and how much will it cost if I make a team? When do I pay?
The fee to continue training for July 2019 is $20.
After that we will ask players to commit and register for the year. Registration will be completed online, the link will be shared once registration is open. All players should be registered by July 21st to be guaranteed a spot on a team for fall.
Annual Fees for the year (August 1, 2019 – July 31, 2020) are as follows:
- Club fee – $300 (paid through Affinity website at the time of registration, credit card or e-check)
- State fee – $30 (paid through Affinity website at the time of registration, credit card or e-check)
- League fee – $15 (paid through Affinity website at the time of registration, credit card or e-check)
- Uniform – Approximately $75 (purchased through a personalized web link sent to your email from Capelli’s team store)
- Practice jerseys – $25 each (purchased with your uniform through a personalized web link sent to your email from Capelli’s team store)
- Coach’s Stipend – amount varies by coach (paid cash or check to “Hawaii Rush” Stipends are collected in September for fall season and March for Spring season)